Wednesday 15 April 2015

Volvo V60 Polestar day 3, what have we learned

Another day with the V60 done and I've got to say for a self confessed VW nut the Volvo is really growing on me. Today saw me tackle something more sedate than a 500+ km drive, a simple trip to the shops, here are my thoughts.
Volvo V60 Polestar enjoying some Northern Rivers back roads

Wagontastic

1. Firstly the Polestar is rather good at just being a Volvo wagon, no real surprise there but its good to know that even with 258kw of oomph the boot will happily take half a dozen shopping bags and a couple bags of compost. I'm not convinced its the biggest boot though, the styling of the car definetly affects its functionality.
Volvo V60 Polestar the perfect wagon for Northern Rivers back roads

First taste of the pace

2. The second thing I learned, is if you want excitement on the drive home from the shops the Polestar delivers. Finding a twisting route back I got my first taste of how well the V60 can hold onto the road when you start to push it, naturally this wasnt great fun for the boot full of shopping, it slid about a fair amount but good golly was it fun for me. I'll go into more detail about how the Polestar drives in my final review but if today was anything to go by the Germans performance arms have reason to be worried.

Useful interior

3. Lastly the interior, it is full of useful cubbyholes for daily use, not the most riveting aspect of a car I'll agree but it is useful to know theres a place to store your phone! Namely the little tray behind the floating centre console, nicely out of your line of sight so you don't get distracted when driving. The deep alcantara trimmed arm rest storage pocket inbetween the seats with USB and AUX sockets is also a useful place to keep valuables out of sight.

Tomorrow I'll be taking the big Swede to the beach, with a real test for its boot on the cards, can it swallow a surf board? Come back tomorrow to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment