Monday 13 April 2015

Volvo V60 Polestar day 1, what have we learned

First up I apologise if this post seems a bit rushed, I'm writing it on my phone, oh the wonders of modern technology!
Volvo V60 Polestar enjoying the sunset in Newcastle

First impressions 

Anyway day one is done and I've driven the car 250km's to Newcastle for an overnight stop. Like everyday with a new car its been a bit of a sensory overload but let me try to break down what I learned once I settled in.
Volvo V60 Polestar enjoying the sunset in Newcastle

1. This car is quick, blip the throttle and this thing takes off, all I'll say is its good it has adaptive cruise or I may have inadvertently got some police attention.

2. The seats are beautiful, trimmed in alcantara and leather they provide support and comfort on par with the best Mercedes can do. If it wasn't for the trip computer my derriere would have never guessed I was at the wheel for 3 hours.

 3. Its a very clever car, almost too clever for its own good. I'll talk more about the safety systems later in the week but suffice to say there are plenty of things beeping to keep you alert!

4. The gearbox enjoys changing ratios, this becomes a bit irritating. Although you only notice because the very bassy exhaust changes it tone each time a cog is swapped. I guess this is bitter sweet though as the noise this car makes is guttural and absolutely spot on. Yes it might not appeal to everyone but I love a good exhaust note.

OK I think that's all for day one, tomorrow's the long haul to Byron bay so come back to see how it I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment